Sebastien St-Laurent is a software engineer for the Microsoft Game Studios and author of several technical books. Read about my work and life.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sponsor of the Week 8/25/2005

I first want to thank everybody who has supported me and my wife so far. I know these offers cost money and unless you have an interest, it is of little use. Because of this, I've decided to instate a "Sponsor of the week" program and include a set of google ads to my blog. Essentially, each week, I will post a little article (like the one bellow) and would invite you to read through it and take one minute to click a link in our google ads (if possibly related to the article). It is much easier and although contributes much less to help us is much easier for most our readers to accomplish. Thanks!

---

The Stigma of Mesothelioma

Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer in which malignant (cancerous) cells are found in the sac lining the chest or abdomen. Exposure to airborne asbestos particles increases the risk of developing malignant mesothelioma.

The word Mesothelioma (like other cancer names) is derived from mesothelium, a membrane that covers and protects most internal organs of the body. Mesothelium is composed of two layers of cells, one layer surrounds the organ and the second layer forms a sac around it. Lubricating fluid is produced by the Mesothelium and is released between the layers which help moving organs to flow easily against adjacent structures. Organs such as the heart, lungs and stomach that expand and contract rely on this fluid.

Mesothelium is named differently depending on where it is located in the body. The mesothelial tissue covering the lungs and the chest cavity is the pleura. The tissue covering the organs in the abdominal cavity is the peritoneum. The tunica vaginalis testis covers the male internal reproductive organs and the tunica vaginalis testis surrounds the female reproductive organs. Most cases of Mesothelioma begin in the pleura or the peritoneum. When mesothelioma develops in the pleura (known as pleural mesothelioma), the delicate lining thickens and fluid may collect between the two layers of the pleura. The abdomen peritoneal mesothelioma causes thickening of the lining and a collection of fluid in the abdomen, called ascites. Symptoms are associated with the organs that may be affected by mesothelioma.Mesothelioma has a long latency period and it's important to determine who needs to be examined. This long silent period makes diagnosis difficult and symptoms may sometimes be mistaken for something else. Treatment options are often determined by the stage of mesothelioma of the patient.
Mesothelioma is serious and life-threatening. By the time cancer is diagnosed the patients survival time is usually short. Mesothelioma usually spreads throughout the peritonal or pleural cavity before diagnosis, and complete surgical removal is unlikely. Because of this, the average survival time is only 1 year. If the cancer is found early, approximately 50% of the patients survive 2 years and approximately 20% survive 5 years. Additionally, unlike with other tumors, chemotherapy and radiation therapy are not very effective.

19 Comments:

Blogger Mesotheliomata Attorney said...

I was just browsing through a few blogs, looking for information related to my mesothelioma lawsuit site. That's how I came accross your blog. I know our sites are not exactly related, but I figured I'd leave a comment to express my appreciation for the great content you got on your blog, and I'd like to extent my personal invitation for you to visit my site if you are even the least bit curious about mesothelioma lawsuit, or anything related to mesothelioma.

_________________________________________________________
Let's end the pain and suffering of this deadly disease

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Mesothelioma Cancer said...

Is this a great blog or what! I'm going to bookmark you straight away!

I have a mesothelioma info site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Check it out if you get time.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger Mesothelioma Cancer said...

Your blog is one for my list!

I have a mesothelioma treatment option site/blog. It pretty much covers mesothelioma treatment option related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:25 AM

 
Blogger dot wop said...

What is mesothelioma?

Mesothelioma is a rare disease caused as a result of malignant cancerous cells lining the patient's body cavities such as chest, abdominal region or the area surrounding the heart.Your legal rights:

Corporations that manufacture asbestos products have known about the dangers of asbestos-related diseases for more than six decades. In an effort to increase profit, they kept this information quiet, putting workers and families at risk.

Working with asbestos causes serious diseases. Unfortunately, many corporations thought they would be able to cut corners and make a large profit at the expense of endangering workers. Fortunately, there are laws that help to protect those individuals that have been harmed by exposure to asbestos-related products.

Spread the information and help as many as possible.
Thanks
**Mesothelioma Informations**

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Gordon said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my Mesothelioma related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about automated forex forex forex forex forextraderguide.info guide guide on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free automated forex forex forex forex forextraderguide.info guide guide
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

7:40 PM

 
Blogger amacdrummer said...

If you need cancer tongue info... Go to this cancer tongue site : cancer tongue

2:32 AM

 
Blogger tony said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a uterine cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers uterine cancer symptom related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

10:40 PM

 
Blogger . said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a forex trading platform blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

8:18 PM

 
Blogger . said...

I just came across your blog, and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a learn forex trading blog, so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

3:44 PM

 
Blogger pet index said...

Nice post, you can find out more about mesothelioma symptom at http://www.mesotheliomasupportonline.com/mesothelioma-symptoms.htm

9:23 AM

 
Blogger sportindex2 said...

Sponsor of the Week 8/25/2005 nice post, check out my blog on mesothelioma about mesothelioma

6:46 AM

 
Blogger mesothelioma said...

Sponsor of the Week 8/25/2005 nice post, check out my blog on mesothelioma about mesothelioma

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Sport Index said...

Nice post. I have a blog which can be found at http://mesothelioma-lawyer-lawsuits.blogspot.com about mesothelioma lawsuit

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Pet Index 2 said...

Nice post. I have a blog which can be found at http://mesothelioma-attorney-information.blogspot.com about mesothelioma attorneys

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Sport Index said...

I think you have a really good blog. I have one about mesothelioma symptoms . please visit it and if your interested we could swap links

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Sport Index said...

Excellent blog. I have one about mesothelioma information . I think your visitors may be interested in mesothelioma information so please check it out.

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Mesothelioma Resource said...

Hi there, I have enjoyed going through your blog. You have arranged topics well and it makes a lovely read. Keep up the good work.

Regards
Mesothelioma Litigation Info

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Mesothelioma Resource said...

Hello blogger, you have a unique and well thought out blog here. I will certainly bookmark it. Thanks for providing me with a great read.

Regards
Malignant Mesothelioma Resource

7:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home